Dr. N.V. Koteswara rao, born on 07 July 1973, at ongole, prakasam dist,A.P. Pursued his education at various levels and obtained the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)from Andhra Medical College, vizag, through NTR UHS,Vijayawada, A.P.in NOV 1999, and got the said qualification registered with the Andhra Pradesh Medical Counsel on 30-03-2011,with Registration no 45625.
He acquired the degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada, through NTR UHS,Vijayawada, A.P. in NOV 2005, and got the said additional qualification registered with the Andhra Pradesh Medical Counsel on 30-04-2007,with Registration no 45625.
He was instrumental in bringing awareness in the general public about the importance of the early diagnosis of tuberculosis and to make the people aware of the DOTS programme brought about by the Government of India.
ATTENDED THE FOLLOWING CONFERENCES WITH PRESENTATIONS:
- Participated as faculty Member in Two days CME Programmed conducted by Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad on 25th and 26th September 2010.
- Participated in 32nd A.P. TB & Chest Diseases Conference Dept. of Pulmonary Medicine Govt. Genl & Chest Hospital, Hyderabad dated 04th and 05th September 2010.
- Certificate of Award ‘For Gaining Proficiency in shared Lung Cancer Care’ conducted by Promote India the Lung Wing on 31st January 2010.
- Successfully received Vitalograph Spirometry training for study of FLAIR – FLT3503 on 28th March 2009.
- Participated and presented HIV & TB – alternative therapies plus allopathic drugs in 52nd National Conference conducted by
- Indian Public Health Association, from 07th to 09th March 2008 held at New Delhi.
- Participated in 52nd National Conference conducted by Indian Public Health Association, from 07th to 09th March 2008, held at New Delhi.
- Workshop on Sleep Apnea conducted by Dr. Ashok A. Mahashur, President of Indian Chest Society,
- Senior Consultant Pulmonagist, Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai and Dr. Vijai Kumar, Director – Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care at Yashoda Hospitals, Secunderabad on 6th August 2006 held at Hyderabad.
- Attended and paper presented on fundamentals of critical care, in Christian Medical College,Vellore T.N., 2ND TO 4TH NOV 2006.
- Attended and paper presented in APTCCON 2005 ,HYDERABAD, 19TH TO 20TH FEB 2005.
- Attended and poster presented NATCON 2005 National Conference Pulmonary Diseases held from 4th to 6th FEB, 2005 at LRS institute ,new delhi.
- Attended NAPCON 2005.
- Attended and poster presented NAPCON 2004 National Conference Pulmonary Diseases held from 16 -21 November, 2004 at Ahmedabad ,Gujarat.
- Attended and poster presented at NAPCON 2003 National Conference Pulmonary Diseases held from 12 -16 November, 2003 at Coimbatore.T.N. 44th Annual Conference, IMA, A.P. STATE held on 7th & 8th December, 2002 at Ongole.
Won 2ND PRIZE IN BIOCHEMISTRY IN 1994 TO 1995 at AMC ,Vizag.
CONTRIBUTION TO RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
- He is a renowned expert in the field of Respiratory medicine, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- He has organized various awareness programs on early diagnosis of Tuberculosis and has contributed significantly in the implementation of DOTS program brought about by Government of India.
- He has played a pivotal role in bringing about coordination between patients, TB programme staff and the community health providers thereby increasing the success rate of DOTS PROGRAMME.
- He has tirelessly and single handedly brought about awareness about Early diagnosis of lung cancer, Smoking related lung diseases, and prevention of pneumonia in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases by use of Pneumococcal and Influenza vaccines, in both urban and rural areas of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
TRAINING OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE PERSONNEL
- Worked as assistant professor of Pulmonary Medicine at S.V.S. Institute of Medical Sciences, Mehaboob nagar, Andhra Pradesh from 1st dec 2006 to dec 2012.
- Above things apart, he is the Senior Consultant and Pulmonologist since 2007 and faced a distinct 10 years of hardships in providing progressive and advanced treatment to the patients with respiratory disorders and critically ill patients in Respiratory Intensive Care Unit.
- He was appointed as “assistant Examiner” for PG Degree/ Diploma Examinations in Respiratory Medicine and Tuberculosis held on 3rd June 2009 at SVS Medical College, Mahaboobnagar, by the Vice-Chancellor of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences and on 10th and 11th June 2010 as co Examiner for MD.
- He is a member of IAOH NO 2882 from 24-12-2012 paticipated in several occupational health conferenes.
- He is a popular teacher whose teaching programs are well appreciated by medical students.
- He has conducted various CMEs, especially for doctors working in Primary Health Care centers, thus contributing for improving the quality of Medical Care at the rural level.
COMMITMENT TO SOCIAL CAUSE
- The Plight of patients with tuberculosis and other respiratory conditions drove Dr A.N.V.Koteswararao and his team to the speciality of Pulmonary Medicine and extending his expertise to the public with a zeal of social responsibility.
- He has also organized Group Therapy for COPD patients to help each other in improving quality of life by sharing their health issues which does not require medical interventions.
- He has arranged TB Awareness Program for patients and their family members to follow precautionary measures and avoid spreading of the disease and to best fight the disease.
- In conditions like Bronchiectasis, which has no cure, he has arranged Rehabilitation Programs for Bronchiectasis to help patients follow a regimen to avoid recurrent infections.
- He made predominant contributions towards “Early detection and treatment of tuberculosis and pediatric lung diseases”.
- Currently in the process of conducting public awareness programs about common respiratory diseases in remote villages of A.P. in collaboration with various non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- He made predominant contributions towards early detection and treatment of tuberculosis and pediatric lung diseases.
- He has conducted camps, both in Urban and Rural areas, towards bringing awareness of the early diagnosis of tuberculosis and to make the people aware of the DOTS Program brought about by the Government of India, thereby stressing the importance of strict compliance with anti TB treatment. The impact of these contributions has been tremendous especially in improving the cure rate of TB and in the control of chronic lung diseases.
- He has been conducting inter-departmental seminars and health camps in SVS medical college on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month for the last two years.
- This has helped a lot of poor people in the villages of Mahbubnagar and surrounding districts.
Conducted Awareness programs on:
- Early diagnosis of Tuberculosis and DOTS program brought about by Government of India.
- Early diagnosis of lung cancer.
- Smoking related lung diseases.
- Prevention of Pneumonia in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases by use of Pneumococcal and Influenza vaccines.
- Conducted several FREE camps with medicins for patients with Allergic airway diseases at his center where free tests were done for Allergy panel and Ige.
- He has the distinction of treating the good number of patients with sleep related disorders and its attendant complications in the whole State of Andhra Pradesh. With the help of International & National Organizations
- He is constantly striving to bring awareness about sleep related disorders in the general public by contributing articles in newspapers & through electronic media, as these disorder incidents are increasing in India.